Sunday, May 9, 2010

grand tour win for Farrar

I began my Mothers Day early by plucking the girls out of bed before they could make much noise, making breakfast, and doing as much as I could to let my wife sleep in and take the day off as much as possible.
I peeked at cyclingnews and lo and behold, our guy from Wenatchee, Tyler Farrar, wins the bunch sprint to take stage 2 of the Giro. If you have been paying much attention to his races lately I guess you could figure a grand tour stage win was only a matter of time... (Won the bunch sprint of the Tour of Flanders, beat Cavendish in a head to head sprint at Tirreno-Adriatico last year) but dang. Who would have thought that this guy that showed up to a Seattle cyclocross race in 2008 (in Cofidis kit) would be winning grand tour stages a year and a half later! I think he is 25- how many wins will he rack up by the time he is Chris Horners age? Watch out Cavendish!

No comments:

Post a Comment